September 8, 2013

The Root of the Week I

Ladies and gentlemen, honored guests, compatriots, colleagues, competitors, and friends, I bid you welcome to another great and glorious year of the Suicide Pool.

It is customary at this time for the host, yours truly, to wax poetic on the wonders of football and the delights of gambling degeneration, the perils and pleasures of weekly team selection. And so allow myself to introduce myself, for I am that afore-mentioned host, the murderous, villainous, iniquitous Swami Me.

There are some of you who are new to the Pool, and thus have not had the benefit of my dialogue-ing ways, but let it be heard now that you shall come to know them. Oh yes, you shall.

For those who are new, there are two staples of the Suicide Pool blog: the Root of the Week and the Tuesday Taunt. In the former, the Swami lays down his weekly pick in advance of Sunday play, as well as the trending popular selections. In the latter, he taunts all those who perished the weekend prior. The Swami loves chaos, and relishes it.

Week One is always all over the map, and so we've got action on multiple teams: Steelers, Patriots, Bucs, Colts, Broncos, Cowboys, Rams, Seahawks, and of course, one wonderful young person on my Beloveds, the Dolphins of Miami. In other words, the situation is ripe; it is unlikely all will move unscathed to Week Two.

As for the Swami himself, I will join the multitude and root for the offspring Lady Luck (as pictured above). I feel confident this image is an accurate representation, and I feel equally confident in Andrew's horses to ride me into Week Two*.

And so, without further ado, I declare this season of Suicide officially open.

That is all.

*Often I will be cryptic about my pick, and you will have to figure it out. For those who did not, I am on the Colts.