November 14, 2010

The Root of the Week X

I would like to thank you all for your condolences and various well-wishes, considering the publicized accounts of my demise.

However, I must tell you that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. The degenerates among you will know what this is.

While I may not be riding off with you on four brilliant white stallions, while there is no chocolate-covered miracle pill to bring my participation back from the Pit of Despair, I do remain, mostly dead, slightly alive, to bring you the weekly postings of my eloquent self. Not even the throes of death shall keep me away, my loyal participants.

A little bit of business to attend to, given that we enter Week 10. It should be noted by all participants that we have crossed a significant boundary; any team selected this week or later in the regular season, all the way through Week 17, shall NOT be eligible for use in the playoffs should our Suicide season take us there. By playoffs, of course, I mean the actual NFL playoffs. Teams selected in Weeks One thru Nine will be eligible for re-use once we get to the playoffs, but not during the regular season.

The Bucs are the heavy favorites this week, followed by the Giants, Colts, and a handful of Texans. Who could have anticipated before the season began that a vast majority of the participants would be pinning their hopes on the Bucs in Week 10? Inconceivable! In any event, I shall root for you all this week, and wish you well.

Have fun storming the castle.

That is all.