October 16, 2011

The Root of the Week VI

We've got money all over the place as the Suicide Pool makes it rain in Week Six. The big play seems to be the Jets. This is interesting for two reasons in particular: first, it's the Monday night game, which means participants will have to wait until Monday to learn their fate; and second, the Jets play my beloveds.

You know the Swami Rules to Suicide Success. I have outlined them in depth. However, there is another rule I have that goes into play after Week Five, and that is not to pick against winless teams. They are desperate and dangerous, and always win eventually (excepting Detroit circa '09). Additionally, the Fish have burned many participants over the years, and I'm thinking this week they will do the same. Good luck, Jets fans, and sleep soundly tonight knowing it will likely be your last.

As for the rest, the Steelers, Packers, Raiders, Ravens, Patriots, and Bengals all have some action. I'm thinking we won't see a massive loss like last week, but with so much variety, it's almost certain some of the upsets will come home.

Not for Swami, of course. Mark me down for Steel City and I'll see you in Week Seven.

That is all.