September 27, 2015

The Root of the Week III


There was much reflection this past week by the participants of the Pool. Much time spent alone in the darkness, thinking, pondering, praying. Devastation and chaos have that impact on people, and the Week That Shall Not Be Named was more destructive and more chaotic than any other. Like, ever.

There are some who have given way to dark urges, threatening retirement henceforth should their chosen team* lose this week. One even mentioned a bell tower. Dark and reaper-like ramblings, indeed.

*It should be noted at this time, before we speak to the photo above, that nearly everyone is riding the Seahawks or Patriots this week. The entire Swami clan, in fact, is on the Patriots: myself, the Factor, the Spawn, and Darth. 

It is widely known my particular affinity for chaos. I do relish it, and admit so freely. However, it should additionally be noted that I only relish it after a certain week. Week Two is not a week I am hoping for heavy loss . . . I like participants to get a nice five-week rhythm or so--and a little confidence--before their hopes and dreams are crushed.

The Swami Hex is also widely known, bestowed upon those who bet against the Beloveds. I have turned the Hex on and nary a hexed individual has made a deep run. 

Well, my friends, I am here on this night (morning, actually) to offer a bit of hope to my fine participants friends. I am flipping the script on my Swami powers, turning them on for the cause of goodness and rightness, and so the Swami Hex until further notice shall be considered the Swami Boon. Those who ride the Seahawks and the Patriots will assuredly reach the promised land of the Fourth Week. I am riding a wedding high on this fine Saturday night, feeling linked to the heavens and the powers therein as only one in my official position might be able, and so.

And so Hope, it seems, is closer than it appears. Good luck to all of you on the morrow.

That is all.